About this course
Is it possible to prove the security of encrypted data? Will every algorithm fail given sufficient time or computing power?On this course, you will get an introduction to cryptography and cryptanalysis. From ancient examples of secret messages and the spies that cracked them to modern cryptographic applications, you will have the opportunity to explore the foundations of data security.During the course, you will also get an opportunity to try encrypting data yourself by completing a cryptography and cryptanalysis challenge. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Explain the concepts used in early substitution and translation ciphers.
- Apply cryptanalysis methods to simple ciphers.
- Assess simple cryptographic methods from a practical and theoretical viewpoint.
- Describe the concepts of entropy, pseudorandomness and unicity.
- Demonstrate the use of hashing, salt and nonces in a variety of applications.