About this course
This free course, An introduction to data and information, will help you to understand the distinction between the two and examines how a computer-based society impacts daily life. You will learn what computers do with data and how computers can be used to work with data.
- Identify some of the instances in daily life where a computer is, or is likely to be, involved.
- Describe, in simple terms, the difference between data and information.
- Give a simple explanation about why computers are important to people in terms of data and information.
- Explain in simple terms what a computer program is, and why one is necessary.
- Explain the role of the computer with respect to the data given to it.