About this course
This free course, An introduction to design engineering, looks at the way in which engineers use ideas and approaches from the discipline of design thinking to inform. The complexity that people bring to design problems, along with some basic methods of dealing with such complexity.
- Understand the broad scope of design engineering.
- Recognise the main drivers for design engineering.
- Describe how human variation impacts on design engineering.
- Apply some basic concepts and methods from design engineering to explore creative solutions to clearly defined real-world problems.
- Demonstrate skills in communication, presentation, information handling and numeracy through the completion of activities.