About this course
This free course, An introduction to interaction design, explores this topic. You will learn: what interaction design is; the importance of user-centred design; how interaction design focuses on the characteristics of the user; and the core activities and methods of the interaction design process.
- Understand what interaction design is, the importance of user-centred design and methods of user-information gathering.
- Understand how the sensory, cognitive and physical capabilities of users inform the design of interactive products.
- Understand the process of interaction design, including requirements elicitation, prototyping, evaluation and the need for iteration.
- Analyse and critique the design of interactive products.
- Select, adapt and apply suitable interaction design approaches and techniques towards the design of an interactive product.