About this course
In times of shrinking public services, the task of caring for vulnerable children has never been more challenging. We’ll help you explore some of the issues involved with this child protection online course.We’ll consider what we mean by risk and vulnerability, as well as how we define good enough parenting. We’ll think about how children grow and develop, and how we can provide them with meaningful relationships and attachments.We’ll go on to learn about the characteristics that define different methods of practice and consider different possible interventions.We’ll conclude this online childcare course by reflecting on the current politics of caring for vulnerable children in a context of budget cuts and increasing child poverty. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Explain the concepts of vulnerability, risk and good-enough parenting.
- Explore the concepts of attachment, containment and child development.
- Evaluate the ways in which adults and carers can communicate with children and young people.
- Explore possible ways to intervene in the lives of children and young people who are experiencing vulnerability and risk.
- Reflect on the events surrounding the assessment and removal of vulnerable and at risk children and young people from their family homes.
- Reflect upon some of the current challenges involved in responding to, and working with, vulnerable children and young people.