Consumer Behaviour and Psychology
Course provided by FutureLearn
About this course
Have you ever wondered why you buy one brand of cereal over another? Or why you might react to different types of advertising? Your decisions are motivated by a number of factors. The study of these factors is called consumer psychology.On this course, you will explore what consumer psychology means and how it’s related to the rise of a consumer society. You will be introduced to basic marketing concepts and you will understand how these concepts affect the relationship between customers and the companies. And you will reflect on how consumer psychology impacts the decisions you make everyday. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Describe consumer psychology.
- Assess the importance of consumer psychology.
- Explain how consumer psychology grew in parallel with the consumer society.
- Distinguish between consumer psychology, consumer behaviour and marketing.
- Describe consumer-oriented marketing.
- Apply the concepts of market segmentation and product positioning.
- Describe the process of consumer decision-making.
- Explain the product lifecycle.