About this course
Upon completion of this course, you will know enough Java to put it to work anywhere where Java is used: in backend servers, desktops, mobile devices, and embedded systems. You’ll be guided through detailed modules by Cay S. Horstmann, a professor of computer science, learning how to write robust Java code for real-world applications.This no-nonsense tutorial is perfect for experienced programmers who want to gain insight into object-oriented programming, how to use built-in classes and how to build your own. You’ll put the skills you’ve learnt to work, examining the multitude of Java collections that allow you to organize your data in many ways.
- Gain an introduction to Java and discover the Java Programming Environment.
- Learn fundamental programming structures in Java, including objects, classes and inheritance.
- Master interfaces, Lambda Expressions, Inner Classes, Exceptions, Assertions, and Logging.
- Discover lessons about Generic Programming, Collections, JavaFX and Swing Principles.
- Learn about User Interface Components with Swing.