Creative writing and critical reading
Course provided by Open University
About this course
This free course, Creative writing and critical reading, explores the importance of reading as part of a creative writer’s development at the postgraduate level. You will gain inspiration and ideas from examining other writers’ methods, as well as enhancing your critical reading skills.
- Understand the importance of reading as part of a creative writer's development.
- Engage analytically and critically with a range of literary and media texts.
- Recognise how critical reading supplies writers with inspiration and ideas.
- Understand, through writing practice, one or more of the taught genres of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry and scriptwriting.
- Engage with postgraduate modes of reading and writing practice.