Course provided by Pearson
About this course
As a Manager, you will always need to make decisions. There will often be multiple opinions and it can be hard to decide on the correct choice, without using the right decision-making technique. Following these techniques can help in identifying the best course of action for any decision.
- What is decision-making?
- The importance of decision-making.
- The decision-making steps.
- What is important in the decision-making process?
- The steps required to effectively make decisions.
- The information you need to gather when making decisions.
- SWOT analysis; PESTLE analysis; Decision matrix; Cost-benefit analysis and Pareto analysis.
- How to think about the 'bigger picture' and avoid ‘analysis paralysis’ or over-analysis.
- Methods to minimise the risks when making fast decisions.
- To trust your instincts, ask questions and get others' opinions.