Developing core confidence and communication skills in the classroom
Course provided by Debate Mate
About this course
Developed by Debate Mate this self-paced online course supports teachers in developing core confidence and communication skills in the classroom through a methodology which focusses on developing transferable communication and leadership skills: critical and creative thinking, listening and collaboration, problem-solving, empathy, resilience, and core confidence. This ground-breaking approach combines the skills of subject specialists with debate coaching expertise and can transform learning environments across the curriculum. Access to a Resource Library, CPD course, and Live Mentoring, ensures that schools are supported in embedding communication and future skills into the curriculum. ISBN 9781292410173 (Individual)ISBN 9781292410180 (Small)
- Understand the key research evidence and the underlying principles of the Debate Mate approach.
- Understand key debating terminology and the structure of debates.
- Understand our High Impact Activities and be able to apply these in your subject and particular learning phases.
- Be able to use debate-led teaching to plan and differentiate effectively.
- Learn how to cascade your knowledge through running a CPD session for teachers in your school.