Course provided by Open University
About this course
This free course, Digital forensics, is an introduction to computer forensics and investigation and provides a taster in understanding how to conduct investigations to correctly gather, analyse and present digital evidence to both business and legal audiences.
- Explain the origins of forensic science.
- Explain the difference between scientific conclusions and legal decision-making.
- Explain the role of digital forensics and the relationship of digital forensics to traditional forensic science, traditional science and the appropriate use of scientific methods.
- Outline a range of situations where digital forensics may be applicable.
- Identify and explain at least three current issues in the practice of digital forensic investigations.