About this course
In this course, you will explore how emotional intelligence influences not only our relationships with others but also with ourselves.You will be introduced to the origins of emotional intelligence and key theorists who have attempted to define, develop and discuss this fascinating construct.You will examine ways in which emotional intelligence can be measured, how emotional intelligence can be applied within organisational settings and whether it is possible for someone to be taught how to become more emotionally intelligent. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Describe and define emotional intelligence and identify its components.
- Identify differences between trait, ability and mixed models of emotional intelligence.
- Apply the concept of emotional intelligence to a workplace setting.
- Demonstrate what makes emotional intelligence different from ‘traditional’ intelligence.
- Explain how emotional intelligence can be used to improve inter-personal relationships and guide self-development.
- Compare and contrast interventions designed to develop emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of emotional intelligence research.