Course provided by Pearson
About this course
Gain the necessary skills for version-control with Git, covering the basics of Git and how to use it as an individual programmer. After the basics are covered, you'll learn how to work collaboratively with Git, including adding other users to your project repository, forking a copy of repository and submitting changes for review, and finally using the git flow workflow.This course is perfect for beginners, and anyone who wants to incorporate version control and more robust collaboration methods into their programming workflow. Split into 2 parts, you’ll get up to speed with Git in no time and gain invaluable new skills. Discover what Git can do for you and your programming career in this quick online course.
- Learn how to set up and install Git, and master basic Git commands.
- Understand remotes and branches and add a collaborator.
- Push/pull branches and incorporate changes.
- Fork a repository and make changes, while staying in sync.
- Work with branches and use a Git Flow workflow.