About this course
This free course, Health and safety in the laboratory and field, will help make you more aware of the hazards and risks involved wherever you undertake your research, as well as giving you an overview of the legal requirements attached to this work.
- Understand the legal framework of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and regulations associated with it.
- Understand the employers’, employees’ and visitors’ duties.
- Evaluate hazards and risks in order to carry out a risk assessment.
- Understand the legal requirement to report any accident or dangerous occurrence.
- Develop risk assessments for scientific laboratories that use chemicals or biological organisms, or both.