About this course
This free course, Introducing ICT systems, will explain what constitutes such a system and how ICT systems work. You will also look at how ICT systems convey, store and manipulate data, and how they process data. Finally, you will learn how these systems are used.
- Understand the meaning of all the terms highlighted in the text.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the main processes in an ICT system (sending, receiving, storing, retrieving, manipulating, conveying).
- Demonstrate an awareness of some of the hardware, software and communication components used in ICT systems.
- Use a system map or a block diagram to identify the components of an ICT system.
- Use the units for conveying data and those for storing data appropriately, including use of the prefixes kilo, mega and giga.