Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting
Course provided by Open University
About this course
Learn about the essential numerical skills required for accounting and bookkeeping. This free course, Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting, explains the fundamental rules of double-entry bookkeeping and how they are used to produce the balance sheet and the profit-and-loss account.
- Understand and apply the essential numerical skills required for bookkeeping and accounting.
- Understand and explain the relationship between the accounting equation and double-entry bookkeeping.
- Record transactions in the appropriate ledger accounts using the double-entry bookkeeping system.
- Balance off ledger accounts at the end of an accounting period.
- Prepare a trial balance, balance sheet and a profit and loss account.