About this course
Teaching cybersecurity in schools is an important way to help students stay safe while using technology. On this course, teachers will be introduced to the core ideas of cybersecurity that should be taught in the classroom.You will learn the different attacks that individuals and devices are vulnerable to and how to prevent them. You will explore malware, malicious bots, SQL injections, and physical threats to data. You will also build your knowledge of the different tools that protect data and websites. These include strong passwords, biometrics, two-factor authentication, and firewalls. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Explain the meanings of terms describing common cyberattacks, such as phishing, pharming, shoulder surfing and blagging.
- Evaluate the strength of a password.
- Explain the protections offered to users by the Misuse of Computer Act.
- Describe different types of cyber attack, such as an 'SQL injection attack', and how these can be protected against or mitigated.
- Classify different types of malware.
- Explain how 'anti-virus' software works.