Introduction to operations management
Course provided by Open University
About this course
This free course, Introduction to operations management, introduces you to the role of operations management in organisations and gives you the opportunity to understand what an operations manager does. It looks at how the role might influence the short- and long-term success of the organisation.
- Understand the input–process–output framework, the extensions of it, and apply them to a wide range of operations.
- Examine the types of transformation processes occurring within operations.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of operations managers and the challenges they face.
- Reflect on your own operations management responsibilities, if applicable.
- Understand the content of an operations strategy and the decisions involved.