About this course
This free course, Machines, minds and computers, looks at what intelligence is, how computers may become so, and whether they ever will really be intelligent. It is aimed at people interested in understanding what intelligence and thinking really are and want to understand the underpinnings.
- Explain the distinction drawn in this course between artificial intelligence and Symbolic AI.
- Describe various possible tests for machine intelligence.
- Explain the concepts of a computer model and of an optimisation problem.
- Distinguish between a simulation, a replication and an emulation.
- Distinguish between strong and weak artificial intelligence.