Managing and managing people
Course provided by Open University
About this course
This free course, Managing and managing people, will introduce you to the world of management. We will be looking at a range of topics, including what managers do, what skills they require and how you can develop as a manager.
- Understand what is meant by management and managerial effectiveness.
- Identify the roles which are fulfilled while working as a manager.
- Identify managerial activities that contribute to managerial effectiveness.
- Identify a cause of stress in managerial life from a range covering mismatches between capabilites and role, player-manager tension and everyday stressors.
- Understand time pressures and the need for time management.