About this course
In this introductory course you will get an overview of the major aspects of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) industry.You’ll discover the theories and concepts that underpin mergers and acquisitions, and learn the skills involved in executing transactions, from a deal’s inception to post-merger integration.Please note: this course is free to join but, in order to complete the Mergers and Acquisitions programme, you will need to obtain a certificate for each of the courses. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Identify common motivations for acquisitions and the reasons why many are unsuccessful.
- Evaluate the specific emerging market risk for M&A and learn valuation techniques for special valuation cases.
- Identify public companies, comparable companies, comparable acquisitions, and leverage buyout valuations.
- Summarise the Discounted Cash Flow approach.
- Describe the positive and negative attributes of the M&A methodologies.
- Explore the key risks associated with the acquisition process.
- Discuss the characteristics of a successful deal.
- Identify the steps involved in the acquisition process.
- Identify the functional types of mergers.
- Describe the differences between buy vs. build synergies.
- Explain the three ways M&A increases value.
- Summarise the top-10 buyer motivations for M&A.