Mergers and Acquisitions: Structuring the Deal
Course provided by FutureLearn
About this course
This course looks in detail at the different ways in which mergers and acquisitions transactions are structured.You’ll learn about legal structures, stock purchases, asset purchases, tax loss mergers and reverse mergers.As you explore these different transaction structures, you’ll consider the legal and corporate documents involved and the tax implications for both buyer and seller.
- Identify the seven categories of advanced structuring.
- Describe the accounting rules.
- Explore how tax-free deals are accomplished.
- Assess the meaning of tax-free deals.
- Compare the difference between stock and asset purchase.
- Investigate the tax considerations for buyers and sellers.
- Identify the triangular and reverse triangular structures.
- Classify the three legal structures of M&A along with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain the purpose of the engagement letter.
- Explore the various corporate documents involved in the M&A process.
- Identify where legal documents fit in.