About this course
In any workplace, you are going to encounter problems which need to be resolved. A good understanding of the different approaches to problem-solving can help you to navigate these challenges.
- What is problem-solving?
- Problem-solving techniques and pitfalls.
- Problem-solving processes, approaches and models.
- What different types of problems relate to.
- How to identify the nature of the problem.
- How to evaluate potential solutions to the problem.
- How to implement the chosen solution to the problem.
- The skills and attributes needed to be a problem-solver.
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) approach.
- The ‘5 Whys’ analysis technique.
- The FOCUS (Find, Organise, Clarify, Understand, Select) model.