Professional Development for Early Career Teachers
Course provided by FutureLearn
About this course
The early stages of a career in teaching can be daunting. You’re regularly faced with new responsibilities and challenges. On this course, you will get advice and support on improving your teaching skills as well as juggling your workload, so you’re able to handle these challenges.Through the course, you will reflect on and identify your professional development needs. You will explore behaviour management strategies, pedagogical approaches to teaching and learning, ways to prioritise your workload and more. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Develop your understanding and use of reflective practice to review and identify your own professional development needs.
- Reflect on, develop and extend your understanding and application of a range of behaviour management strategies.
- Reflect on and develop your assessment for learning (AFL) approaches to identify the learning needs of your students.
- Reflect on and develop your pedagogical approach to teaching and learning, including providing appropriate challenge and support for your students.
- Develop effective strategies for managing and prioritising workload.