Project management: the start of the project journey
Course provided by Open University
About this course
This free course, Project management: The start of the project journey, introduces projects, what they are, how they come about, responses to problems and planning. It explores the role of key players including the project manager, feasibility studies, decision making and project life cycles.
- Define what a project is.
- Understand the importance of risk.
- Define the questions a decision-maker needs to ask.
- List the main activities and tasks of a project manager.
- Consider phased development, prototype approaches or agile methods.