About this course
This online course from the Raspberry Pi Foundation explores how computers do interesting things with data. You’ll discover how to represent and manipulate text, images and sound, compression and other algorithms. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Describe how computers represent things in binary.
- Explain common text encoding (ASCII and UTF-8).
- Produce your own emoji in bitmap and vector form.
- Investigate the physics of sound and how sampling allows computers to represent sounds.
- Compare lossy and lossless compression.