Starting a Business 5: Managing Finances
Course provided by FutureLearn
About this course
The management of finances is crucial to a successful business; financial information provides the evidence to support your decisions about a business and helps to justify those decisions when you present them to other people. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will introduce you to key financial information and gives you a chance to discuss your ideas with others.This course is the fifth in a series of six about ‘starting a business’. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Discuss why forecasting and planning are key skills within any successful business.
- Discuss sales revenue forecast, net profit and the purpose of a cash flow forecast.
- Evaluate the entrepreneur’s business challenge: How can Hannah make her business more profitable?
- Identify business finances in a business plan.
- Assess costs, prices, gross profit and cash-flow forecasts.