Sustainable Construction and Development
Course provided by FutureLearn
About this course
Sustainable development meets the needs of the present by carrying out activities that do not compromise future generations’ ability to meet their own needs.On this course, you’ll learn about the obligations and actions that play a role in the concept and practice of sustainability in construction and development.You’ll explore the need for environmental, economic and social sustainability, and the implications for the construction industry.You’ll learn best practices from successful sustainability initiatives, and understand the challenge of achieving sustainability in the future. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Demonstrate understanding of the complexities of sustainability from generic and project specific perspectives, and the obligations of stakeholders.
- Evaluate the environmental considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Evaluate economic considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices.
- Evaluate social considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of lessons learned from good practices of sustainability initiatives, and better understand how these could be implemented in projects.
- Explain the nature of the task of attaining sustainability in the built environment in future, considering the most likely future scenario of the sustainable development agenda.