Teaching Practical Science: Biology
Course provided by FutureLearn
About this course
There are only so many ways a student can look at an onion cell, so how do we engage students with biology practicals?On this course, you will discuss the relationship between theoretical concepts and practical work, and consider closely what is happening in your own classroom during biology practicals.You will also develop and share creative ways of teaching practical biology with approaches that are applicable to a range of situations including GCSE required practicals. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Improve your confidence in delivering and evaluating teaching for practical skills in biology for 14 to 16-year-olds.
- Develop effective learning outcomes for practical work in biology.
- Reflect on the effectiveness of practical activities on every students’ learning.
- Design progression and assessment approaches within practical work in biology.
- Collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to share and critique ideas for teaching practical science.