About this course
In this course you will explore how going beyond ‘recipe following’, teachers can use practical work in chemistry to support explanation of theory. You’ll discover ‘microscale’ experiments to allow more students to take an active role in their learning through practical work. You will consider what’s happening in your own classroom and develop and share creative ways of teaching practical chemistry with approaches that are applicable to a range of situations including GCSE required practicals. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Improve your confidence in delivering and evaluating teaching for practical skills in chemistry for 14 to 16-year-olds.
- Develop effective learning outcomes for practical work in chemistry.
- Reflect on the effectiveness of practical activities on every students’ learning.
- Design progression and assessment approaches within practical work in chemistry.
- Collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to share and critique ideas for teaching practical science.