About this course
Physics can be a challenging topic for students, it is essential that they practice and embed their understanding of practical skills in preparation for assessment of their learning.This course, specially designed for teachers, will allow you to discuss the relationship between theoretical physics concepts and practical work, challenging you to think about the classroom and what your students are learning through practical work. You will also develop creative ways of teaching practical physics with approaches that are applicable to a range of situations including GCSE required practicals. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Improve your confidence in delivering and evaluating teaching for practical skills in physics for 14 to 16-year-olds.
- Develop effective learning outcomes for practical work in physics.
- Reflect on the effectiveness of practical activities on every students’ learning.
- Design progression and assessment approaches within practical work in physics.
- Collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to share and critique ideas for teaching practical science.