About this course
Every business needs cash to grow and develop. Some can find enough cash from their operations. Others might need external sources of finance, like a bank loan. So how does a business make robust decisions about borrowing?Whether you are in a micro business, a small to medium-sized organisation, or a large firm, this online course will guide you through finance options.You will consider traditional and alternative finance options; evaluate what type of funding is suitable for your business; and develop a financial statement and funding strategy, to make the right decision. Free to register. Fee to certificate.
- Assess borrowing requirements and develop a strategy for your business finance needs.
- Assess the risks, benefits and drawbacks of different types of debt.
- Assess and critique finance available to your business, both traditional and newer sources, such as crowd-funding.
- Evaluate funding opportunities for business growth and development.
- Apply and consider the role of traditional sources of finance, ie. debt and equity, as well as alternative finance options, such as crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending.
- Record and learn to use financial statements to assess the financial health of a business.
- Collect and learn to use a cash flow forecast to help you make decisions about managing business cash.
- Investigate and find out how you can develop a funding strategy and make the right decision about the type of borrowing for your business.