About this course
This course introduces the concepts of ‘leadership’ and ‘followership’ in the context of the modern workplace – outlining how positive leader-follower relationships can be used to strengthen emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Learn about different models of leadership, different ways of thinking about followership, and the importance of the leader-follower relationship.
- Recognise and strengthen your own leadership and followership capacities, wherever you are located in your organisation.
- Explore the idea of mental health as a ‘continuum’ on which we all live – acknowledging the importance of relationships for mental health, as well as the impact of stigma.
- Gain a better understanding of organisational processes and dynamics, and how leaders and followers can help to create a culture that promotes mental health and wellbeing.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to create a work culture that reduces experiences of exclusion, oppression and prejudice, and their impact on mental health.