About this course
This course presents practical ways to maintain hope during times of uncertainty, examining what uncertainty means for us as human-beings, and how we can learn to manage it through self-compassion, mindfulness and storytelling – all in the context of our ever-changing work environment.
- Understand uncertainty in the context of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, and what uncertainty means for us as individuals.
- Reflect on change as a form of both loss and growth – observing its effects in your personal life and workplace setting.
- Explore the effects of trauma and anxiety, and their relationship to uncertainty, with useful links to additional support.
- Develop effective self-compassion strategies – using techniques such as mindfulness to build greater awareness of your experiences and feelings “in the moment”
- Use narrative (storytelling) approaches in the workplace, in order to build connections with colleagues, make sense of experiences, and learn from each other.
- Depict your own narrative of hope through a ‘Tree of Life’ exercise, exploring both your personal and professional experience.